Urban Decay Vice Palette- Am I dreaming?!

Tuesday 23 October 2012

Today has been so unexpectedly wonderful, I was given the Urban Decay Vice palette as a belated birthday gift, I am simply ecstatic- I thought the slow moving open lid was a pipe dream with a £40 price tag I couldn't justify the spend around Christmas, but now it's stacked up so beautifully with my other palettes looking all neat and perfect. It came wrapped in an Urban Decay ribbon that I didn't even want to remove, but I was too tempted by the glorious colours inside.



This is what the inside looks like, i've done a little close up of every row so that you can get a better idea of the finish of the colours, there's a real mix of shimmer and matte.








I was immediately drawn to Chaos, that gorgeous, bright blue. I toned it down by blending it with Occupy as it was only the daytime. I simply love Noise, I've never seen or swatched a pink so spectacularly vivid.

So far my favourite browbone colours are Anonymous and Laced

As usual the brush is a bit mehh.. it's okay, but trying to get colour out of the pan with the brush makes it spray and sprinkle everywhere because the fibres of the brush are not tightly packed together.

The huge mirror is a great feature, you can apply your whole face of makeup using it.

While I of course love my Naked Palette and it is very much a 'desert island' beauty product something about the Vice is a little bit more jazzy, it has all the neautrals to do a million and one brown and grey looks, but it has the dazzle of the glitters which means that the pallete will see you through the mundane to the exceptional kind of occassions, that's my two cents

0 comments:

Post a Comment