New Video: How to stop biting your nails - How I broke my nail biting habit

Saturday 29 June 2013

If you look back to my older videos, it wouldn't take you long to notice my horrible nibbled down nails. My nails have been this way since I was very little, and the habit has been severely in my brain for about fifteen years now.
I got to the point where I just presumed that I would be 40 years old and still have chewed up finger nails and never be able to wear nice nail polish and still cringe when anyone suggested getting a manicure together as part of a fun girly day out.
One April day I was lying in my bed at home with what I can only describe as a horrible sickness bug, this was the only time that my nails would ever get a small break as I couldn't stand the thought of putting anything near my mouth. It was at this point that I picked up my phone and very randomly just snapped a picture of my nails.

 
Well I was shocked, despite seeing them every day of my life, having a picture just of them really brought home what an ugly state they were in and I couldn't believe that I didn't feel even more ashamed to walk around with hands like that.
I can only akin this experience to an overweight person seeing a picture of themselves and for the first time really realising the extent of their problem and choosing then and there to do something about it.

So this is what I did, and this is my little story:



0 comments:

Post a Comment