'The' Wedding - round up

Saturday 10 August 2013

It's difficult to put into words what yesterday was like, I'll bore you all to tears if we went through chronologically. But to sum up, it was without a doubt one of the most magical, romantic, understatedly gorgeous, and beautiful weddings that I have ever seen, that includes the ones from the millions many bridal magazines that I may have read in the run up to the big day.

My sister wore a Maggie Sottero gown called Desirae
A veil for the ceremony with diamante detailing around the edge
After the ceremony she swapped the veil for a glitzy headband!


We only have the photographs that people took so far, but hopefully this will give you a good idea of the dress shape and some of the detailing. The back was a tie up, and I had the honour of dressing my sister and pulling her in at the back.
Her hair consisted of three fake hair pieces, a million pins for her hair, and a side swept, curled mermaid loose braid and it was completely stunning. This was the beginning of the 2 hour hair crafting process:


We were so fortunate that the weather was on our side and we were able to have an outdoor ceremony, the bridesmaids, including myself, walked down the aisle before the bride to the harpist playing the wedding march, and it was the moment that fairytale dreams are made of.


It is clear to see that I am beyond excited in this photograph, for so many reasons, the moment, to see friends and family and in anticipation of everyone seeing my beautiful sister!

Our bouquets consisted mostly of white roses, and I'm wearing along with the other bridesmaids a Tiffany Blue gown from Forever Yours, we had an additional strap and flower added to match the brides dress.

I was also very excited to be reading a poem called 'The One' courtesy of Google


We then had the wedding breakfast which was absolutely delightful, followed by brilliant speeches, the cake cutting.. oh the cake, I have to show you this



The cake is from Kays Cakes and she is an absolute delight to work with, she also made my sisters 21st birthday cake and was just as amazing then.

I caught the wedding bouquet which was one of my personal highlights! It was so fun, although I felt very greedy as I already had a beautiful bouquet of my own! I also had some war wounds from catching the flowers which I'm still nursing.


In the evening we had a brilliant band come and play for us, they stayed all night and kept us all busy and dancing, and for the first time I felt like I could thoroughly relax and enjoy the night and not worry about running around after the bride! And finally, for the guest book, we had a photo booth which was hilarious and wonderful fun.


Not too long after midnight, I was completely partied out and ready for my first proper nights sleep in days!
I had to be persuaded to get out of my dress as I was in a bit of refusal to remove it, and I have still kept my hair in! I'm clinging onto the day as much as I can!

0 comments:

Post a Comment