First impressions: Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24 Hour Eternal Gold

Saturday 4 May 2013

I'd heard a lot of great things about the Maybelline Colour Tattoos and I've wanted the rose gold one for a while but I'm yet to see it anywhere! In the meantime I picked up the Eternal Gold shade and was super excited to use this as an eyeshadow base to add some more depth to any gold colour I put over the top. I got the product home and applied some straight to the lid and I wasn't blown away immediately. The consistency felt creamy but when I applied it with my finger it looked slightly flaky, chunky and downright gappy. I kept trying to build it up and build it up. But it began to just look tacky rather than like elegant gold, more like a childrens face paint kind of makeup.
Hmmm..



I decided that the fault must obviously be with me, everyone loved these things, surely I wouldn't be the only one to not love them?
The next time I tried it out, I was hurredly applying some eye makeup before heading out for the night, I felt like doing a gold based look so this time I applied a paint pot, then the colour tattoo. The same effect happened all over again, gappy, tacky and looking like I'd applied it with a mascara wand (if that makes sense?) it just wasn't a smooth texture to it at all.
I tried to rectify it by applying a gold shadow over the top but it wasn't that much use. I then just tried my hardest to cover it up using a matte black from my Sleek palette!


Here's a swatch on the back of my hand, I think you can see the flakiness of it. 
I think I got away with it on my eyes, but It's not a look I want to take a picture of and remember. Now I'm scared to try this product again, are all the colours like this???

I'm thankful I didn't use this product in my 'All that Glitters' makeup tutorial that I uploaded yesterday because I think the look was better off without it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment