Zing-a-ling teeth!

Sunday 17 November 2013

I know that this is a strange one, what could possible justify dedicating a whole blog post to how I brush my teeth. Well, I'll tell you.
Nothing has ever made my feel quite like this before, not even the dentist!
This is the:

Philips Sonicare HX5350/02 CleanCare Rechargeable Toothbrush

Using this honestly feels like a completely different experience to other electric toothbrushes. I never enjoy using the manual ones and when I have to for long periods of time, I swear, I feel my teeth loosening in my gums, and my teeth kind of ache too after a while, or maybe it's all in my head!

I got this very toothbrush for my birthday as I missed having an electric toothbrush once I had moved out from my home.




What makes this brush so special (to me!)

-It doesn't have the small circular heads that rotate round and around, this brush buzzes backwards and forwards with such force and speed that you feel like bees are buzzing in your brain

-It self times and switches off automatically after 2 minutes, and if you're not done, you can switch it back on and brush for another 2 minutes

-The battery lasts and lasts and lasts without the power dropping for at least a week, and that's using it every day, twice a day for at least 4 minutes.

-It has a plastic brush guard which is overwhelmingly important to me, especially when traveling around with it

-The feeling afterwards is like a fresh Atlantic wave just swept through your mouth

The drawbacks:
It's in no way something that I would consider 'affordable' However... This model should last me many years, changing the heads every three months of course.

Buying replaceable heads is annoying, as annoying as buying ink for your printer or batteries for your camera, but there really is no way around it. They are not as cheap as other replaceable toothbrush heads but what you get isn't your standard 'end', it's like a mini feat of engineering! Using a freshly opened toothbrush head is the same sensation as sleeping in freshly washed sheets, really really good.


0 comments:

Post a Comment