It's nearly Valentines day!

Sunday 10 February 2013

As preparation for the most loving day of the year some might say.. I stayed in and baked pink strawberry butter cookies!
It was a pre-made kid for children I think so it wasn't really me doing any of the hard work, but I got the kit for christmas and thought that this was the perfect time to put it to use!
It came with the most beautiful heart shaped and hello kitty shaped cutter
but... the cooking instructions were in German which was...interesting to say the least, a little later on we found the English translation and luckily our interpretation skills were correct and we'd followed all the instructions perfectly.


 The strawberry dough tasted pretty delicious raw, and we were all totally amazed at how when you added the egg, the flour went from white to a pretty pastel pink!





 We ended up making about 4 batches out of that little amount of dough, it was crazy! I had to get an army of friends to help stick on the embellishments (sugar paper bows and kitty faces) I think in total there were probably about 60 cookies to go around and they were sooo supoer sweet and delicious, even the icing was strawberry!
I wish I could share them with you because it's going to be a struggle to get through 60 all by myself!

0 comments:

Post a Comment