Let it go

Thursday 26 December 2013

In the spirit of the end of the year, I felt it was relevant to talk about letting go of bad feelings. They might have built up over a long period of time, or perhaps tensions were created over Christmas that have still left you feeling wound up.

It can be tough when dealing with people that you feel will penalise or criticise no matter what, a sort of 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' situation.

I have certainly felt this all throughout the festive period and there's really nothing that I can do about it. People unfortunately can be manipulative and enjoy hurting others with their words. It can be sad and isolating, particularly around this time of year but some people just have hearts that are unkind.

Would a person truly happy in themselves enjoy dragging others down?

We know the answer, which is even more important as to why we have to let go of the bad feelings and be kind in your words, for it is them who need to be shown virtues such as kindness and respect more than most.

Take a deep breath, and exhale the bad feelings in your heart because carrying them with you into the new year will only hurt you.
Give 4th, 5th, 6th chances to be proven wrong and never stop forgiving. Maybe one day change will sweep them off their feet, and lift them into a better place, to be a better person.

Forgiveness is such a tricky thing to fully do, but do it if not because they deserve to be forgived but because you deserve peace.

I've had some downs this Christmas that have left a bitter taste in my mouth, but it's just added fuel to the flame in my heart to do better, go further and change my situation, move away and fill my life with those who lift my spirit and help me to be a better person.

When all else fails, look like you are having a jolly good time to the rest of the world

0 comments:

Post a Comment