Pinterest non-fails

Sunday 8 December 2013

Sometimes great things happen when Pinterest and I collide - aside from procrastination, daydreaming and 'oh look, another impressive skylight'

I decided to take my Pin dreams to make them into a reality, and what a productive time that it has been!
Until this point, the only things that I have tried are all food creations and an abundance of makeup looks, but today we are just sticking to food.

First up:

Veggie Fingers or Vegan Glamorgan Sausages

The Veggi fingers- I'd like to point out that mine looked basically nothing like this, the crisp - oh the unattinable crisp

Mashed Potato Stuffed Bell Peppers - Vegetarian and Vegan Recipes - Cooking Stoned

The mashed potato stuffed bell peppers - These were pretty good, but my goodness so filling, it's surprising hoe much potato can fit into one little pepper. I also added two cloves of garlic all crushed up to the mash to kind of give it a little 'zing' I served with roasted carrots cut into little match sticks.

Pasta with Fresh Tomatoes, Basil, Garlic, Olive Oil, and Parmesan Cheese.
Pasta with fresh tomato sauce, courtesy of Martha Stewart.
 This dish and I were onto a loss at the start really, as I accidentally bought tinned plum tomatoes as opposed to fresh, so the fresh element of this dish falls out the window at about that point. However, I put it in the food processor with a lot of basil, 3 cloves of garlic and heated it over a stove, slowly adding cornflour to thicken it up a little. A few twists of pepper, and this and I were a match made in heaven.

Sweet and Sour Chicken
Sweet and Sour chicken - At no point do I pretend that this is good for you, but my goodness, it tastes really good. The tangy vinegar, the sugar. It's a mountain of flavour- I skip out battering the chicken just because it's an extra fiddly and adds more grease and more time. This is one of those twice or three times a year dishes. Mostly I just like the sauce and would pour it over a vegetable stir fry to give it a kick.

So there you have it, Pinterest pins that really do work.
Keep in mind that I have had plenty of Pinterest fails too.
For more fun visit www.pinterestfail.com One of my favourite procrastination destinations (aside from Pinterest)


0 comments:

Post a Comment