The best dinner ever!

Sunday 9 December 2012

If you've read my blog for a while, you'll know that I have been a part of a Japanese exhcange for the past few months, but my newly found Japanese friends had to go back to Japan at Christmas, so to say goodbye we went to an 'authentic' Japanese resturant as recommended by then. I didn't know what to expect but I was very very pleasantly surprised!


I ordered the Sweet and Sour Bento

Bento apparently is a box! So like a meal in a box, when it arrived it all looked so pretty and authentic, but I did not eat it authenticially and left my chop sticks on the table and used a spoon and fork instead!

The sweet and sour chicken was nicer than at a chinese takeaway, and in the middle were pickles that did not look like pickles, the rice was of a different consistency too, more sticky but I loved it.

In the bottom left corner were green beans in a peanut sort of sauce, a potato salad in a silver cupcake casing haha!

I tink it's so much fun to have our meals in boxes rather than boring round plates!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment