Lets go to the movies: Pitch Perfect

Sunday 6 January 2013



The quick review is:
Pitch Perfect hit a bum note with me

The long review is:

Pitch Perfect as a concept never really struck me as something that I would be overly interested in, it just sounded like a singing variant of the Step Up films which never particularly interested me... but THEN

I saw a (misleading) billboard that desribed Pitch Perfect as a cross between Ted and Bridesmaids. I quite liked Ted although I found it sad, and I love love looove Bridesmaids, it's up there in my top five so I thought 'sign me up' anything that is half as funny and brilliant as Bridesmaids is worth seeing, so I thought.

What Pitch Perfect actually was, is more like High school Musical becomes University Musical.

I have no problem with High school Musical, but there's a time and a place for it! So I was a little dissapointed as I didn't laugh at all.


The story is focused on a single greeby/emo girl that comes across as a bit spoilt and a bit like she's trying too hard to come across as 'different' or 'quirky' who is in no way funny.





She joins a hobby of singing in a failing acapella singing group at University along with a bunch of other characters, the funniest (although still not funny) being Fat Amy (I'm not being rude, that's actaully what she calls herself) who dances like a mermaid:



Aside from that it's film cliche after cliche, boy meets girl, steals a glance, bla bla bla...

I guess it's great if you're looking for something lighthearted to pass the time, but it's certainly not a laugh-out-loud comedy

0 comments:

Post a Comment