It's Valentines day!!

Tuesday 14 February 2012

Happy Valentines Day 2012!
Maybe cupid has struck you with a bow, maybe you've sent a secret card to someone else- I hope that it works out wonderfully for you!
I found out about some fun Valentines day traditions that made me smile, and I hope they do you too.

Hundreds of years ago in England, many children dressed up as adults on Valentine's Day. They went singing from home to home. One verse they sang was:
Good morning to you, valentine;
Curl your locks as I do mine ---
Two before and three behind.
Good morning to you, valentine.


In the Middle Ages, young men and women drew names from a bowl to see who their valentines would be. They would wear these names on their sleeves for one week. To wear your heart on your sleeve now means that it is easy for other people to know how you are feeling.

Here's a little look into the fun things I bought for St Valentines big day:
Bunting decoration to hang between my windows!

Two peas in a pod fluffy keychain!


I thought this card was so funny, I got it from Paperchase! But I think it says a valid point too, if we have no one to love on valentines day, who better to love than ourselves!?

For more on what kind of crazy silliness I got up to today (including special shaped toast) check my twitter for updates all day!

And just incase you missed it, this years Valentines day makeup tutorial:




Whether you spent today with your family, or friends, or partner, or pet goldfish I hope you had a day bubbling over with love! xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment