I get to live my librarian dream!

Wednesday 4 July 2012

I downloaded Good Reads on a complete whim and turned out having the best time although maybe a slight waste of time!

The app had this great feature where if you scan the barcodes on the books that you own, it identifies them and puts them in your 'virtual book shelf'

Then you get to catagorise them in sections like 'to-read' 'have read' and ones that you especially feel like you want to talk about you write a review on!

I got a little carried away with the scanning- it was just so much fun! I always thought the scanning of the books at the library looked like the very best part of the job so I went a little cray-cray
Here's what the fancy tool looks like



If you like the sound of GoodReads then I suggest you get an account, it's like social networking for books, and I'm not even a that big reader, I just do a little when I can and have the chance.

So here's my account: http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/9834819-alexia

And if you get the chance... I say get the app, it's much more fun than visiting the website- and by that I mean the fun scan-beep feature

0 comments:

Post a Comment