Zumba-Bumba-Wumba-Jumba-Mumba

Wednesday 25 July 2012

While I'm still at my sisters we decided that perhaps it wasn't such a smart idea to nap in the sunshine and eat profiteroles all day every day and found within ourselves raw motivation to take part in a Zumba workout class on the hottest day of the year! It was 30 degrees celcius!

I'd never been to a Zumba class before but my sister had convinced me that it was a lot of fun, and she was right!
I wasn't prepared for working out so didn't bring any work out gear but managed to scramble together some old trainers, black, light joggers and a tie dye Athens top that looks like it's from the 80s!



See, I bet you never knew I was so stylish and I bet I've become your new go-to person for gym fashion!

Luckily, I wasn't the only one that didn't look like I had jogged into the class straight off Hollywoods sidewalks and the class was 60 minutes of sweaty fun!

It's difficult to exactly explain what Zumba is, but the closest thing I can link it to is an aerobics class, but a little more 'dance-ish'
We did about 15 different routines, some were fast and others slow, and what was great was the amount of fun that was involved. In a standard aerobics class every move you do you are very aware that it's to burn calories and tone up but in Zumba much of the dance moves just feel like they are a part of the routine to make it that much more fun!

So all in all I give Zumba classes two sweaty thumbs up (and boy was I sweaty) I would recommend it especially to those who aren't use to gym classes but love to dance dance dance!

Here's a little clip that will show you what a class is like and below a link to classes near you worldwide!



Class finder

0 comments:

Post a Comment