Soothing acne & clearing skin

Monday 30 July 2012

It's been a long time coming that I've felt like I have a skincare routine that just 'works' and does exactly what it is supposed to do and keep my skin clear, healthy and fresh.
I have extremely oily skin and the answer to my acne woes is not specific to one product, but to one approach: consistency.

If you've read my blog before you might remember this post:
http://www.alexiaesque.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/dudedont-you-ever-wash-your-face.html


I go into a bit of detail about how I often have many many face washes on the go and switch all about to get the benefits of them all. It wasn't until they slowly ran out and I decided to just purchase one, and stick to using that one morning and night that things began improving.
This is a mens face wash, again, in my earlier blog post I talk about why I like mens facial washes.

 It's not even this facial wash specifically that I am going to label 'The Miracle Product' because I don't think it is, I think it's just the fact that I only use this product and only have for a few weeks now, which I think now with hidsight is much kinder on my skin and over time the product is given the chance to work with my skin rather than against it because tomorrow I'd be using something else.

My other top tip and change I've made in my face washing routine is that I wet my face with a flannel, apply the face wash and massage it in but rather than washing it immediately off I brush my teeth while letting the face wash do it's thing, then when I've finished brushing my teeth, I wash off the face wash.

I suppose it's a bit like the difference between rinsing your hair with conditioner, or lathering it in conditioner for 3-5 minutes before washing it out.


In the past I have also been a moisturiser sceptic but I've found this one and like it, it's light, doesnt make me look greasy, absorbs straight in without a clogged or caked feeling.

So there you go, my straightfoward and super cheap acne solution:
Use one facial wash consistently
Leave it on for minutes not second before rinsing
Use a moisturiser even if you have oily skin

0 comments:

Post a Comment