Come with me to the movies: Lawless

Sunday 9 September 2012

First thing is first:
Lawless is rated 18, I didn't even realise this until I was sat down in the cinema and then after the trailers but before the movie the litttle age rating popped up and it was a glaring red circle with '18' in it, i turned to me friend and said 'but whyy??' feeling frantic as though I'm about to watch a horrendous horror film but was informed that it was because there was 'some violence'

Some violence is an understatement... probably the most violent film that I've ever seen but then I usually avoid those kind of films but there was no avoiding this!


I sound like I'm about to launch into some sort of film related rant but that's not the case at all, the film was really interesting and about the prohibition of alcohol in America. Throughout I felt like I was wathcing a western film but it was essentially pretty heavily gangsta themed. I loved the romantic themes throughout, there were funny moments too which were a relief to the much more tense moments. The movie time whizzed by in a heartbeat and I shed a little tear when ... I don't want to spoil it but when someone sweet is killed.

The blossoming love stories made me want to live in 1930s america with the fancy cars and flowy dresses!
 
I give Lawless two thumbs up! Because it reminds me of a classic and the story itself is pretty easy to follow, but go in with the knowledge that it's pretty gory but ultimately a lovely story!

0 comments:

Post a Comment