Mac Nude on Board Pro Longwear Bronzing powder

Monday 8 July 2013

I picked up a little treat from the MAC store and wanted to share with you my thoughts on it. I love my MAC Matte Bronze powder dearly but it's on it's last legs, the poor thing, so I decided a replacement would be in order. The girl in MAC really pushed this product into the palm of my hand and as they never ever normally do that I decided that well, it must be really really good.



It's a lighter colour bronzer than I normally go for, I like a dark bronzer, some might probably say too dark as I am of a fair complexion, but it's what I like as my face is always in need of a lot of contouring. Anywho, my initial thoughts were good, it's a medium tan brown colour in the pan and is not totally matte, is has a subtle sheen to it. This is all new to me, I'm usually a girl that loves matte everything, the matter the better!


The next thing I loved was the texture, it's very buttery and smooth to the touch, and the colour payoff is in no way chalky, it almost sits like a cream on the skin, despite being a powder. The above swatch shows one swipe in the pan and across the inside of my forearm, to give you an idea of the colour tone, it has been in no way edited.


As for uses, I would say that to use as a bronzer, it does need to be built up, luckily it is very buildable but it depends if you are willing to put that little bit more effort in, or would you prefer to jut buy a darker shade. On the other hand, if you are fair (like I am) and especially if you have yellow undertones to your skin (like I do not have) then this is absolutely ideal for all that subtle contouring, so that people will think you just have wonderfully high sat cheekbones and a beautiful slim nose, and perfect shaped face - all of these things I need! Finally, it's part of the pro longwear collection, so fading won't be an issue, at least not for the first six hours of wear and forget about the need for touch ups.

0 comments:

Post a Comment