What's in my Summer Makeup Bag?

Friday 12 July 2013

Summer is upon us here on the little island of England, I won't bore you with the temperature breakdown but it has been too hot to sleep if that gives you an idea.
So it's always best to switch out your winter shades and switch in your summer essentials. and if you're staring into the dark abyss of your makeup bag not knowing where to start then here is my Summer makeup bag switch out!
(Also, little side note, now is a great time to wash makeup bags, they get a super build up of bacteria)


My summer essentials in order of use:
MAC Studio Moisture Fix - Acts as a great base and has SPF 15 which you should wear all year around but is especially important when the rays are at their strongest!

Laura Mercier Tintet Moisturiser in Ivory with SPF 30 (it doesn't add to the moisturiser to make a SPF 45) It's much lighter than a regular foundation, even my beloved Revlon Colorstay and it's oil free!

My bareMinerals portable Kabuki brush with in built vessel to hold some finishing powder!
Bobby Brown shimmer brick in Bronze, in summer I feel like I can lay off the matte bronzers and go for the shimmers!

MAC blusher in Well Dressed, it's a soft baby pink and is just perfect for a very gentle pink tint

MAC mineralized skin finish in Soft and Gentle, it's a warmer highlighter than my favourite ol' faithful 'Snowglobe' by MAC

on my lips I like to use the lip liner by Maybelline in East End Snob all over my lips with Blistex Lip Splash over the top with SPF in it!

On my eyes I often do a very simple look with MAC Painterly as a base and a Maybelline Color tattoo in bad to the bronze in the crease, sometimes just blended out with my fingers!
I often leave it there if I don't want to heavy up my look with mascara and eyeliner, but I'll carry around a mascara just in case, I haven't found one I love at the moment, I'm just using Maxfactor, but I really want to try Benefits 'They're real'

Hooray for Summer makeup, and SPF!

0 comments:

Post a Comment