Monday, New month and Job interview Makeup

Monday 1 July 2013

Happy 1st of July!
We don't celebrate the 4th of July in England so I'll just  celebrate the 1st of July instead
It's a beuatiful sunny day today, not sunny enough to wear shorts or anything, that would just be obscene in England... But warm enough to not need to wear a cardigan out.
I was going for a 'formal-ish/casual' look today as I got on with some job stuff, so I opted for this white blouse that I actually bought for holiday since it's so light and airy, I got it from a charity shop, and then my favourite black Rock and Republic trousers. I was going to wear my Ted Baker pumps but they cut my feet up yesterday so I had to wear my black ankle boots which were way too warm for the weather but I had no choice, they're the only shoes that wouldn't hurt my feet in this state.
You can see my lovely neon Spongebob dressing gown hanging off the back of my door there.


For makeup, I wanted to go as light as I could without looking like my skin is in the bad way that it is, I'm currently dealing with one of the worst acne breakouts of my memory, it's just very very bad and angered right now, so I couldn't help but have to put on a fair bit of foundation, I used the Revlon Colourstay and a Collection 2000 concealer that I heard great things about but in reality has just let me down. I wore a little bit of my Bobbi Brown shimmer brick on my cheekbones rather than using a seperate bronzer, blusher and highlighter.
I filled in my brows, and used a Revlon Lip butter on my lips.
On my eyes I'm wearing Virgin from the Naked palette, and a Maybelline colour tattoo in taupe in the crease, I have to say the colour tattoo is hard to work with in this shade and really works best as a colour base rather than a colour accent to the eyeshadow.
I put a tiny smigm of brown eyeliner on the waterline and top lash line, and a light layer of mascara


I left my hair the way that it dried, no curling or straightening, I just pinned my fringe out of my eyes. The minute I got home I washed it all off and put my hair up in a bun because I can't stand my hair around me in the heat and I thought the longer I can let my skin breathe without makeup, the better!

0 comments:

Post a Comment