Harrods Disney Christmas Window London 2012

Saturday 10 November 2012

I am a sucker for Disney and I probably always will be, so I was bubbling over with excitement when I came across the design sketches for the Christmas window display for Harrods.

The theme is 'grown up' Disney princesses which is such a fun concept and interesting to see a more mature version of the Disney princesses as in the films they are all adolescents.

I present to you.. the Disney queens:





Ariel from The little Mermaid by Marchesa
"A chic and elegant deep blue silk evening gown has been beautifully crafted to combine luxurious draped fabrics, which perfectly embody modern feminine style – capturing Ariel’s adventurous under-the-sea spirit."




Cinderella by Versace
“‘You shall go to the ball’, in a stunning contemporary interpretation complete with golden layers, a tiara, a bold statement-necklace and of course, glass slippers – emblazoned with the iconic Versace medusa motif.”


Sleeping Beauty by Elie Saab
“Encapsulating the natural grace and innocence of Aurora, this beautiful gown in pale pink is embellished with scattered exquisite beading.”


Repunzal by Jenny Packham
“A magical dress in pale grey adorned with incredible beading that should never be locked away.”


Jasmine from Aladdin by Escada
“An exotic fuchsia silk chiffon gown encompasses the fiery beauty of Jasmine, complete with an extravagant golden flower belt.”


Pocahontas by Roberto Cavalli
“Featuring soft, golden and natural earthy colours, this gown incorporates prints evocative of dream catchers with pearl detailing. The lightness of a feather and the wings of a butterfly, it is perfect for a princess in love with freedom.


Mulan by Missoni
“A land of silk and jade has inspired this oriental kimono-style dazzling creation, that features bold turquoise shades and red detailing.”


Belle from Beauty and The Beast by Valentino“A fantasy-like dress in silk chiffon with a sheer hooded cape and layers of exquisite pleats, is accessorised with bespoke signature studded flats and a silver flower bag.”
 Tiana from The Princess and the Frog by Ralph & Russo
“A dream come true, this mint evening gown with a sweetheart neckline and mesh overlay, features scattered crystals that cascade into a layered tulle skirt.”
Snow White by Oscar de la Renta
“‘Someday your prince will come…’ This silk gown is divine with intricate embroidery across the bodice and a floor-sweeping cape in signature red.”

My favourite is Repunzels dress, I would serisouly wear it out I think it's just gorgeous and stunning, I want to make it or something, it's so wonderful!
If I can't get to London before christmas, hopefully my mum will so I can ask her to take pictures for me, if I get them, I will of course share!

0 comments:

Post a Comment