How do you know if a resturant is fancy?

Tuesday 13 November 2012

I think it's usually by the plates, if the plates look fancy pants then the place you are in is probably fancy pants

buuuuuut...

If the plates all seem like mundane white, china circles then you can't tell the fancy from the 'unfancy'

So the next best step to telling is by what little 'nibbles' are left on the table, some nice places leave free bread, which I almost always indulge in, with those little rectangles of butter, because I do not buy butter like that at home I have the stuff made of non-milk produts which is a lot lighter but less tasty.

Or olives, which I also over-indulge in, the green ones not the black ones.

But today I went to Cafe Rouge which is one of my favourite chain resturants, but the only problem with it is that the titles of the dishes are in french, the description is in English though, but I suppose I should embrace the culture, especially with it being a french restaurant.

Since no nibbles were left for us, we got a breadboard to share which was super delicious, but I wish I'd taken a picture of my meal!


 


It was chicken, with vegetables in the creamiest sauce imaginable, it was so-super delicious but I ate it before I remembered to snap a picture of it, and for dessert... creme brulee

My mouth is drolling for more of taht wonderful custardy-ness at an exceptionally late hour

0 comments:

Post a Comment