Night off Night out

Tuesday 28 August 2012

Aint no night like a Tuesday night wooo woooo!
And of course the best part was getting ready!
So here's how the look went down...


I went for Bare Escentuals Skin moisturiser, skin primer and a MAC pore refiner as I have a looot of open pores
I used Laura Mercier Moisturising foundation in the palest shade all over my face, then a darker foundation around the edge of my face and blend them together so that it makes a pretty gradient on the skin.
Then using a slim bronzing brush I slim out my face by running MACs Matte Bronzer under the cheekbones, along the nose, on the sides of the forhead and under my chin.
A MAC blusher on my cheekbones in shade Mocha
A highlighting powder (I can't remember which) along the nose bridge, cheekbones, middle of the forhead and on the chin.
To define my brows I used an eyebow pencil from MAC, it's a dark blonde colour and I layer it up to get the right colour!
I used the MAC translucent finishing powder all over my face, and a Bare Escentuals Buxoum lipgloss with super plumping power!
On my eyes I'm wearing my 'Espresso Eyes' which is a brown smokey eye, but a little mor evening as it has a lot of shimmer so here's the instructions that are from that...

"1.Primed my eyes using Bare Escentuals eye primer
2.Coated the whole eyelid in a creamy white shadow 'Shroom' by MAC
3.From the outer corner I dolloped my versatile dark brown 'Folie' by MAC and swished it back and fourth in the crease
4.I used a taupey-grey colour, I can't remember what one! and blended that back and fourth over Folie, only use a little amount, we want to look to be mostly that lovely warm brown rather than a cool grey
5. Using the Folie eyeshadow and taking a thin eyeliner brush i run that along the upper lash line and half way along the lower- this way it's not as harsh as liquid liner and fits in with a 'smokey' look.
6. On the browbone to make a crisp contrast I uses Loreal Color Infaillable in shade 001 Time Resist White
7. Using a brow brush and and an eyeshadow in shade 'Folie' from Mac I run the colour through my brows lightly, and slowly builing up the shape and thickness I'd like
8. I used a white eyeliner pencil on my waterline to my my eyes look bigger, I used 'Fascinating' from MAC
9. I finished off with a few layers of Bare Escentuals black mascara
"
 
 
There you have it!
Do you ever find that getting ready is more fun than the night out itself?

0 comments:

Post a Comment