Waga-Yumma

Wednesday 22 August 2012

My sister and I went to Wagamamas for dinner and it was scrum-diddly-umptious
I only ever went once before and I had the Ramen which I thought was as good as it got, but oh no no no no...
I introduce to you the:
Cha han
stir-fried rice with chicken and prawns or fried tofu, egg, mangetout, mushrooms, sweetcorn and spring onions. Served with a side portion of miso soup and pickles
 

It was serisuoly good, I swapped out the prawns for double chicken portions and it tasted uh-mazing, even those weird yellow looking things tasted like spare ribs somehow? Even though it looks like it would taste citrusy. Then the rice was kind of like egg fried rice but way less greasy than your average chinese takeaway, the miso soup was pretty good too, the pickles were a little spicy for me...

My sister usually has the chicken katsu but wanted to go for something healthier, and healthier she got!
 
Teriyaki chicken donbur
grilled juicy chicken glazed with orange teriyaki sauce, sticky white rice, with thinly sliced carrots, pea shoots, spring onions and sesame seeds and a side of spicy kimchee
 

We ate with really cute wooden cutlery, much better than plastic cutlery and feels more 'authentic'

So we give our Wagamama night in 5 Waga-thumbs up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment