The Olympics

Sunday 5 August 2012

It seems odd that so far I haven't posted a single Olympic related post, and it's not because I'm one of those conspiracy people that think something bad is going to happen, and it's not because I am 'anti-olympics' and it's not because I am somehow unaware that they are going on.
It's just because to me it's not that much of a 'Big Deal' sure I flick on TV from time to time and watch snippets of this sport and that sport, and I keep updated on the medals we get each day and I totally enjoyed the opening ceremony, but I think if every day I blogged about the Olympics that would get dull! Especially seeing as I'm not there, so lots of news companies who were there can tell you a much better article than I can, and are much more 'sport informed' too!

But seeing as I want to say something about it, otherwise it looks like I'm pretending it's not happening at all!
I'll tell you about my favourite part of the opening ceremony...

I loved how it began on a sort of farm that resembled Teletubby land! It was super creative how it all peeled away to become something much more industrial looking.


Then how the comstruction line in the industrial part formed the seperate rings that made the olympic rings, that then erupted golden rain!

It looked so glorious and sparkly!

My third and favourite little section was Rowan Atkinson (Mr Bean)

He reminded me of my childhood when I used to watch so much Mr Bean- and he still does the 'Mr Bean' character so well, it was cute and very 'British'

So there you go, my two cents on the opening ceremony!

0 comments:

Post a Comment